class 13 lesson plan
Building a Preservation Program
Following this lesson, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of how to determine an institution’s preservation needs and goals.
- Identify five to ten key sources for budgeting, grant writing, and fund-raising for preservation.
- Discuss the importance of collaboration in preservation and digitization programs, and know examples of successful collaborative programs.
- Identify important international issues and research areas in preservation, and know the leading figures and organizations in preservation research and standards setting.
- Discuss the role of advocacy in preservation, and how libraries and archives can relate their preservation missions within a broader cultural context.