NEDCC CELEBRATES ITS 40TH ANNIVERSARY!
Founded in April 1973, NEDCC is the first independent conservation laboratory in the nation to specialize exclusively in treating paper-based collections. Over the years, the Center has treated some of the most significant cultural heritage collections in the nation; trained countless conservation professionals; provided training for staff at a wide variety cultural institutions; and offered advice and assistance for collections damaged in storm, floods, and other disasters. NEDCC is known as a trusted resource for expertise, information, and training on the conservation and preservation of cultural heritage collections.
TO CELEBRATE, WE HAVE A SPECIAL GIFT FOR YOU —
OUR NEWLY REFRESHED AND REDESIGNED WEBSITE
What's new on NEDCC's website?
- Working With NEDCC: A new section that offers information on how to obtain a conservation treatment or imaging proposal; and how to work with the Center's assessments and consultations or disaster assistance services.
- NEDCC History: Photographs of the Center's early days and a Timeline of some of NEDCC's highlights and achievements over the years.
- FREE Resources Section: Find NEDCC's highly regarded FREE resources all in one place, including the Preservation Leaflets, dPlan™, COSTEP, Preservation 101, the Preservation Education Curriculum, resources about preservation of paper and book collections, and lots more.
- Photo Library: Photographs of conservators at work, conservation challenges, conservation tools, before and after treatment shots, and more.
- Illustrated Packing and Shipping Instructions: Showing examples of recommended packing techniques for collection materials.
- Learn More: Lots of opportunities throughout the site to learn about the fields of paper, book, and photograph conservation, as well as digital imaging.
Mobile Version Coming Soon!
We value your feedback.
If you have comments about the new website design, please email us at Website Comments. Many thanks!