April 2018 Preservation Training Update
One or two-hour webinars from the comfort of your home or office.
- Preservation Reference Desk: Creating Scrapbooks That Last
- Writing Grants for Audio Preservation and Reformatting
- Creative Fundraising for Preservation (FREE for Preservation Week)
- How to Host a Community Scanning Day (FREE for Preservation Week)
- Writing a Disaster Plan - Two-session web course
- Moving and Renovating - Collection Concerns
- Audio Preservation at NEDCC - Update
- Caring for Municipal Records
- Salvaging Damaged Book, Paper, and AV Collections
- Preservation of Grooved Audio Media
- Writing a Preservation Plan
- Concepts of AV Preservation
- Caring for Scrapbooks
- Assessing Digital Preservation Readiness
- Caring for Paper-based Collections
- Caring for Digital Media
- What Could Go Wrong? Risk Assessments for Libraries, Archives, and Museums
............. SPECIAL PROGRAMS ...............
Fundamentals of Creating and Managing Digital Collections
Registration now open
October 15-16, 2018
Are you just getting started in digitization and digital preservation? Trying to bring several digital projects together into a cohesive digital preservation program? Or are you well into a digital collections project and need a refresher on the latest standards and best practices? Join us in Atlanta!
FUNDAMENTALS OF AUDIOVISUAL PRESERVATION
May 10, 2018 - June 21, 2018
Six Live Webinars (Register early - this course sold out last time!)
This course gives participants the foundation needed to be effective collections stewards for audiovisual materials, and covers risks to audiovisual materials; care and handling; inventory and assessment; planning, preparing, and implementing reformatting projects; managing digital audiovisual collections; and disaster preparedness and response.
PRESERVATION 101 - Preservation Basics for Paper and Media Collections
August 9 - October 11, 2018, 2-4 PM ET
10 Live webinars build on self-paced study through assigned readings
The Instructor-led Preservation 101: Preservation Basics for Paper and Media Collections course gives participants the foundation needed to be effective collections stewards. This comprehensive introduction prepares participants to complete a preservation needs assessment and provides structured guidance on developing an institutional disaster plan.
DIGITAL PRESERVATION ASSESSMENT PROGRAM
Digital Preservation and Assessment Symposium
November 9, 2018 - The Nonprofit Center, Boston, MA
In December 2016, NEDCC received a National Endowment for the Humanities Preservation and Access Education and Training grant to prepare and present a collaborative Digital Preservation Assessment training program. This program approaches digital preservation assessment and training through case-study assessments, shadowing opportunities, workshops, a training institute, and a final symposium.
For complete program descriptions and to register, visit the
NEDCC Preservation Current Training Program List
NEDCC Preservation Services