Fundamentals of Creating and Managing Digital Collections
OCTOBER 15-16, 2018 • ATLANTA, GEORGIA
Registration Now Open!
Guided by a faculty of national experts, join colleagues from institutions large and small for two days of instruction on best practices and practical strategies for the creation, curation, and use of digital collections. Network with colleagues who have similar challenges, interact with faculty one-on-one, and gain a comprehensive introduction to digitization and digital preservation.
Who Should Attend?
Are you just getting started in digitization and digital preservation? Trying to bring several digital projects together into a cohesive digital preservation program? Or are you well into a digital collections project and need a refresher on the latest standards and best practices?
Benefits of Attending:
- You will come away with an understanding of the major issues to consider in planning or implementing a digital collections project or program.
- You will learn about free tools you can use in your digital preservation project or program.
- You will have time to interact with faculty, who are all experienced practitioners in the field, and to meet colleagues who can be helpful as you develop your institution’s digital preservation program.
Conference Topics Will Include:
- Assessing the Preservation of Digital Collections
- Understanding Copyright
- Digital Project Planning
- Selection and Prioritization for Digitization
- Standards and Best Practices for Digital Preservation
- Metadata for Digital Projects
- Digital Preservation Tools
- Basics of Digital Imaging
- Concepts in Digital Preservation
- Digitizing Audiovisual Collections
Conference agenda coming soon!
LEARN MORE: Digital Directions 2018