Crowdfunding for Preservation
A New NEDCC Initiative to Help Institutions Raise Funds
for Conservation Treatment and Digitization of Important Collections
Are you interested in history? Would you like to play an important role in the preservation of America’s historical artifacts? Our nation’s collections at risk far outnumber funding opportunities currently available through federal, state, and foundation grants. Increasingly, the responsibility for preserving our history is in ALL our hands.
HOW NEDCC'S CROWDFUNDING PROGRAM WORKS:
1. NEDCC will maintain an easy-to-browse list of a few of our clients' proposed conservation treatment and digitization projects on the Crowdfunding for Preservation page.
2. NEDCC will promote those projects through social media and E-News announcements, while at the same time shining a light on the good work of cultural institutions across the nation.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1. Visit the NEDCC Crowdfunding for Preservation page and choose a project that interests you.
2. Make a donation directly to the organization that cares for the collection. It's that simple.
LEARN MORE ABOUT CURRENT CROWDFUNDING PROJECTS:
1. An 1840's Daguerreotype depicting the First Steam Train Traveling from Lexington to Boston. - Lexington Historical Society
2. Two Insurance Map Books (1912) showing details of streets and buildings in Nashua, NH. - Nashua Historical Society
TAKE A MOMENT AND DONATE TODAY – Any amount will help!
Working together, we can make a difference in the preservation of our nation's history.
THANK YOU! MORE Crowdfunding projects coming soon.
NEDCC is grateful for support from: