Fundamentals of Creating and Managing Digital Collections
August 21-23, 2017
Bell Harbor International Conference Center
Registration Deadline: August 10, 2017
Guided by a faculty of national experts, join colleagues from institutions large and small for two and a half days of instruction on best practices and practical strategies for the creation, curation, and use of digital collections. Interact with faculty one-on-one, gain a comprehensive introduction to digitization and digital preservation, and make lasting connections with peers who face similar challenges.
Who Should Attend?
The Digital Directions conference is geared toward practitioners at museums, archives, libraries, historical organizations, town/city/county clerks and other government agencies, tribal entities, corporate archives, and other organizations that steward digital collections. Students and independent professionals are welcome. Whether you are just getting started on a digitization project or need a refresher on best practices, this two and a half day program will give you the big picture.
Past Participants Comment on the Value of Attending:
- This conference helped confirm to me what I managed to learn since starting my job 18 months ago - basically what I know and what I need more training on. That's essential! Now I can approach our administration with a plan for the future.
- As a result of this conference, I have a list of specific tasks, from setting up meetings, discussing collaboration, to reviewing metadata documentation and schemas, to accomplish when I return to work.
- The faculty's practical suggestions (workflows, vendor products to support best practices) are helpful for putting into immediate use, but I also found the combination of aspirational and practical management perspectives very useful for planning my work going forward.
- This conference, and what I gained from it, far exceeded my expectations. I will return to work with concrete ideas and resources to help improve current projects and better plan new ones, particularly in the areas of digital preservation and digital storage considerations. Lately I've been feeling weighed-down by our digital library challenges but after this conference I feel more invigorated and encouraged (Yay!)
- I am new to my position and this was exactly what I needed to learn and to be exposed to: new ideas, best practices, great resources - Simply Fabulous!!
$350 student (with valid ID)
For Complete Information and to Register:
DIGITAL DIRECTIONS 2017
Join us in Seattle!
NEDCC is grateful for support from: