NEDCC at the Midwest Archives Conference
Questions about preserving your collections? Need FREE advice?
Visit NEDCC Associate Conservator Claire Grund in the Exhibit Hall to learn more about caring for your collections.
Learn about NEDCC's specialities:
- Photograph conservation and digitization for large collections and unusual formats
- Digitization of fragile and oversize works
- Conservation of books, maps, documents, architectural plans, parchment
- Audio Preservation of magnetic and digital tape and grooved media formats
- Preservation needs assessments and collection-level assessments to help develop a preservation plan and aid in fundraising efforts
Preservation Basics for Paper and Media Collections
A Ten-Week, Instructor-Led Online Course
Starts June 1, 2017
Fundamentals of Creating and Managing Digital Collections
August 21-23, 2017
Join colleagues from institutions large and small for two and a half days of instruction on best practices and practical strategies for the creation, curation, and use of digital collections.
Two-hour afternoon webinars or one-hour lunchtime webinars on a wide variety of topics to help you care for your collections.
Webinars Coming Up:
Assessing Your Digital Preservation Readiness
April 25 - (Free for Preservation Week)
What is Preservation?
April 26 - (Free for Preservation Week)
Assessing Your Preservation Practices
April 27 - (Free for Preservation Week)
Writing a Preservation Plan
Coping With Mold and Pests
Creating Useful Digital Objects
Crowdfunding for Preservation
A new NEDCC initiatve to help raise funds for conservation, digitization, and audio preservation projects.
See you in Omaha!