Preservation Assistance Grants (PAG) for Smaller Institutions
from the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
Need help with your PAG Application?
FREE NEDCC Webinar Recording - Writing Your Preservation Assistance Grant
Advice on developing your project and preparing a successful application, with NEDCC's Frances Harrell and NEH Senior Program Officer Mary Downs (1 hour)
Eligible Activities: Preservation Needs Assessments, Consultations, Education and Training, Purchase of: Preservation Supplies, Storage Furniture, or Environmental Monitoring Equipment
Eligible Applicants: Small and mid-sized cultural heritage institutions such as libraries, museums, historical societies, archival repositories, town and county records offices, and colleges and universities.
NEH Senior Program Officer Mary Downs highlights the special encouragements for 2017 PAGs:
- We would like to see applications from small and mid-sized institutions that have never received an NEH grant.
- We continue our special encouragement to: presidentially designated institutions (Hispanic-serving institutions, Historically Black Colleges and Universities, and Tribal Colleges and Universities), and from Native American tribes and Native Alaskan and Native Hawaiian organizations with significant humanities collections.
- To address the risk to cultural heritage materials from natural disasters, theft, and other types of destruction, NEH encourages applicants to develop disaster plans and to work collaboratively with local institutions for training in disaster preparedness and emergency response.
- We have added education and training around community-based archiving.
The 2017 Guidelines for Preservation Assistance Grants for Smaller Institutions
You will also find sample project descriptions, sample narratives, and a list of frequently asked questions. Also see NEH's series, 50 States of Preservation, about PAG awardees across the country.
Deadline: May 2, 2017
- Create or verify your institution’s Entity record at the System for Award Management:
by April 4, 2017
- Register your institution (or verify its registration) with Grants.gov:
by April 18, 2017
(All applications must be submitted through Grants. gov)
Contact the staff of NEH's Division of Preservation and Access at 202-606-8570 and email@example.com
Interested in working with NEDCC on a Preservation Assistance Grant project?
Elena Cordova, NEDCC Preservation Specialist