NEDCC 2017 Preservation Training Update
One or two-hour webinars from the comfort of your home or office. More topics to come!
- Caring for Scrapbooks
- Digitizing Scrapbooks
- Writing a Disaster Plan - 2 Session Course
- Caring for Paper-Based Collections
- Caring for Framed Collections
- Introduction to Digitization Standards
- Caring for Photograph Collections
- Digitizing Photograph Collections
- Caring for Rare Books
- Caring for Architectural Records
Fundamentals of Creating and Managing Digital Collections
Two and a half days of instruction on best practices and practical strategies for the creation, curation, and use of digital collections.
August 21-23, 2017
Early-bird Discount ends May 26 ! !
Bell Harbor International Conference Center
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Are you just getting started in digitization and digital preservation?
- Trying to bring several digital projects together into a cohesive digital preservation program?
- Or are you well into a digital project and need a refresher on the latest standards and best practices?
The Digital Directions conference is geared toward professionals working with digital collections at archives, libraries, museums, historical organizations, tribal organizations, town and city clerks offices and other government agencies, corporate archives, and other organizations that steward digital collections.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Get the Big Picture: You will come away with an understanding of the major issues to consider in planning or implementing a digital collections project or program.
- Make the Case: You will explore strategies to help advocate for a digital preservation program to administrators, funders, and your community.
- Build Contacts and Support Networks: There will be ample time to interact with faculty, who are all experienced practitioners in the field. Meet colleagues who can be helpful as you develop your institution’s digital preservation program.
COMPLETE DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
June 15, 2017
Boxes Within Boxes: Caring for Historic Structures and Collections
Registration deadline: June 5
View the NEDCC Preservation Training Calendar
Sean Ferguson NEDCC Preservation Specialist