FUNDAMENTALS OF CREATING AND MANAGING DIGITAL COLLECTIONS
The Online Training Conference
Digital Directions, the comprehensive overview of digital preservation, was presented on February 1-3, 2021, by information professionals with deep experience in the preservation of cultural heritage materials. During three half-days of live, interactive, online training, participants learned about good practices and practical strategies for creating and managing digital collections, and gained confidence in decision-making for the preservation of digital assets.
- standards and specifications for both digitization and digital preservation
- selection for digitization
- special considerations for audiovisual and born-digital materials
- digital storage
- working with collaborative or consortial organizations
View the 2021 Digital Directions Agenda, and Faculty Bios.
Digital Directions 2021 Participants Comment:
- Thank you so much for offering a second round of this program! I really appreciate having a chance to update my skills.
- Based on this conference, I now know more tools and resources I can use to guide my organization on our DP journey. I didn't know where to start, and now I have some specific action items that I will be implementing over the course of 2021 to lay the groundwork.
- This conference explained concepts in a way that was easy to understand and provided excellent advice for the application of those concepts, tools, etc.
- I really appreciated that suggestions were given for all sizes of institutions with a variety of budgets and staffing.
- I'm the director of a small county archives. I did not have any intention of putting anything online. However, after three days of intensive education with this conference, I've changed my mind. Now, I see and can appreciate the huge value that online content can provide to our community, our citizens, and to people all over the globe.
– County Archivist