Grant Opportunity Reminder:
Save America's Treasures Grants are back!
Deadline: February 21, 2018
Grant Amounts: $25,000 to $500,000 with a 1:1 match
Administered by National Park Service
in partnership with:
Institute of Museum and Library Services
National Endowment for the Arts
National Endowment for the Humanities
ELIGIBLE GRANT ACTIVITIES:
Preservation and/or conservation of collections of national significance
Save America’s Treasures grants from the Historic Preservation Fund provide preservation and/or conservation assistance to nationally significant historic properties and collections. Grants are awarded through a competitive process and require a dollar-for-dollar, non-Federal match, which can be cash or documented in-kind. The grants are administered by the National Park Service in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Application must include the following information:
- Describe in detail why the materials are of national significance.
- The source(s), nature, extent, and severity of the threat, danger or damage to the collection must be clearly and convincingly argued. Photos are encouraged to support this criterion.
- Clearly state what conservation activities will be undertaken as part of this project and how they will mitigate stated threats.
- Nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c), U.S organizations
- Units of state or local government
- Federally-recognized Indian Tribes, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiian Organizations
- Educational institutions
- Federal agencies funded by the Department of the Interior and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, with the exception of the National Park Service (NPS).
COMPLETE INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES HERE
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GRANT?
Email: National Park Service Program Officers
Interested in Working with NEDCC on an SAT Conservation Grant Project?
We can help you describe your project and offer tips on preparing your application.
Mary Patrick Bogan, Director of Book Conservation
Suzanne Gramly, Senior Paper Conservator
Monique Fischer, Senior Photograph Conservator
LEARN MORE ABOUT Crowdfunding for Preservation
Kick Start Your Fundraising Initiatives for Conservation, Digitization, and Audio Preservation