NEDCC offers courier services on a negotiated basis for clients in the northeast corridor of the United States.
This service is appropriate for shipments that are too fragile, valuable or large to be shipped by common carrier, but where the full services and cost of a fine art shipping company may not be necessary. For clients who are unable to visit NEDCC in person, this courier service can provide a practical logistical alternative.
- NEDCC uses a Ford Transit Connect cargo van with climate control that can accommodate 129.6 cubic feet of cargo. A larger vehicle can be leased as needed for oversized shipments.
- Insurance may be requested from NEDCC at a rate of $1 per $1,000 of coverage, assessed on a monthly basis.
- A second driver may be requested for additional security.
- Scheduling is negotiated on an as-needed basis. NEDCC may group multiple clients on a given trip, but exclusive use of the vehicle may be requested.
- Services regular destinations within a 300-mile radius of Andover, MA.
- For clients outside of our service area, NEDCC can partner with a fine arts handler or standard courier service. Please contact Jonathan Goodrich (Registrar, NEDCC) for more information.
- Pricing is determined based on criteria including distance, exclusive vs. shared use, packing services and the number of drivers.
- Packing is the responsibility of the client unless specifically requested from NEDCC in advance. Packing instructions for paper-based and photographic collections may be found HERE and for audio collections HERE.
Contact appropriate NEDCC department head or NEDCC's Registrar.
Michael Lee - Director of Paper and Photograph Conservation
Bexx Caswell-Olson - Director of Book Conservation
Terrance D'Ambrosio - Director of Imaging Services
Bryce Roe - Director of Audio Preservation Services
Jonathan Goodrich - Registrar
Or Call (978) 470-1010