ONLINE PRESERVATION TRAINING
NEDCC offers training programs focused on an array of preservation topics. Below is a list of topics related to photograph preservation. Visit the Current Training Programs page for descriptions and registration dates.
- Care and Reformmating of Microfilm Webinar
- Caring for Photograph Collections Webinar
- Caring for Scrapbooks Webinar
- Fundamentals of Photograph Preservation Course
- Getting Started with Digitizing Photos and Documents Webinar
- Strategies for Acetate and Nitrate Negatives and Film Webinar
Emergency Salvage of Wet Photographs HTML
Preservation Leaflets – Section 5: Photographs
1. A Short Guide to Film Base Photographic Materials: Identification, Care, and Duplication 2020 HTML PDF
2.1 Types of Photographs, part 1: 19th and Early 20th Century 2018 HTML PDF
2.2 Types of Photographs, part 2: Color 2020 HTML PDF
2.3 Types of Photographs, part 3: Digital Output Media 2019 HTML PDF
3. Care of Photographs 2019 HTML PDF
4. Creating Long-Lasting Inkjet Prints 2020 HTML PDF
5. Storage Enclosures for Photographic Materials 2018 HTML PDF
Glass Plate Photograph Conservation, NEDCC
Best Practices and Practical Solutions for Storing and Exhibiting Photographs, ATALM
Conserving Coca-Cola Wall Sign Photography, The Coca-Cola Co.
How A 90-Year-Old Photograph Is Professionally Conserved, Insider
Visit the NEDCC Stories page for all Photograph Conservation stories.